1) Always Be patient and gentle with yourself and with others. Set realistic goals so that you have something to work for and look forward to. Celebrate reaching those goals.
2) Get Passionate about something. It will keep your heart happy and hope filled.
3) Learn to recognize when fear, worry and stress are destroying your hope. Regroup and gather back that which saves you. Then quiet your soul to listen to the whisperings of the Holy Spirit.
4) Remember that often it’s our limitations that send our imaginations and creativity soaring. When your body is not working up to its potential, let your mind and spirit take over.
5) Trust that hope will always keep you afloat. Breathe it, pray it and embrace it.
6) Be At Peace with yourself, with others and with your God. Only then can you live a life of harmony.
7) Live all of your life preparing to leave behind a generous donation of love. What greater contribution could you make to society?
8) Be Open to life around you. Pay attention to people, circumstances and the butterflies that land on your shoulder. Learn to identify God’s fingerprints on your life.
9) Listen to the gentle raindrops as well as the rolling thunder. Hope can come to you in subtle and un-dramatic ways.
10) Honor Your Tears for they are the holy water of hope and healing. Golda Meir once said, “Those who don’t know how to weep with their whole heart don’t know how to laugh either.”